Erythromycin Tablets (PET)
Erythromycin Tablets For Pet Vet. Prescription Medicine
Active Ingredient: Erythromycin
Description: White or similar white tablet
Pharmacodynamics: Erythromycin is a kind of macrolide antibiotics with similar mechanism as penicillin but has a broader spectrum. The Gram-negative bacteria erythromycin is sensitive to are Staphylococcus (including MRSA), Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus, Bacillus anthracis, Erysipelas,k Listeria Monocytogenes, Clostridium, and clostridium chauvoei. The Gram-positive bacteria erythromycin is sensitive to are Haemophilus influenza, Meningococcus, Brucella, and Pasteurella. Other than these, erythromycin is also effective against Campylobacter, Mycoplasma, chlamydia, Rickettsia, leptospiral. Erythromycin thiocyanate has a better antibacterial activity in basix environment. If the pH value increase from 5.5 to 8.5, the antibacterial activity increases. If the pH value lower than 4, the antibacterial activity is weak.
Pharmacokinetics: Erythromycin base and stearates can be easily degraded by gastric acid. The bioavailability can be determined by erythromycin’s forms and dosage kinds, the acidity of the gastrointestinal tract, and the amount of food in gastrointestinal tract. With better absorption in the gastrointestinal tract, the drug can be dispersed quickly throughout the tissue and fluid but not to the cerebrospinal fluid. The drug’s binding percentage with plasma cells is 73%-81%. Small amount of erythromycin can be digested in liver forming N-methylerythromycin an discharged through bile. Only 2-5% of the original form of drug is dispersed through urine. The drug half-life is 1~1.5 hours in cats and dogs.
1. Not suggested to administrate with other macrolides and lincosamides drug due to having the same effect.
2. Administrate with β-lactam antibiotics will cause antagonism to the product.
3. Erythromycin can inhibit cytochrome oxidase and may inhibit the metabolism when administrate with some drugs.
Indication: Macrolide antibiotics. Mainly in treatment for penicillin-resistant staphylococcal infection and also Gram-positive bacteria and Mycoplasma infection.
Administration and Dosage: oral, Cat and Dog: 10-20mg/kg body weight. Twice a day for 3-5 days.
1. Esterified erythromycin has hepatotoxic, main as cholestasis, vomiting and diarrhea, especially at high dosage.
2. Gastrointestinal disorder, which may cause by the stimulation of smooth muscle.
1. Do not administrate with acid substances.
2. This drug is easily be destroyed in stomach acid, enteric-coated tablets is applicable.
3. Erythromycin is microsomal enzyme inhibitor, it may inhibit the metabolism of some drugs.
Withdrawal Time: No need
Packing size: 100tables/bottle, 240bottles/carton
Storage: Seal and keep in a dry place.