Aspirin tablet Non-prescription Vet. Medicine
Active Ingredient: Aspirin
Description: white tablet
1. Usage with other salicylic acid anti-pyretic, dicoumarol anti-coagulants, barbiturates, etc, will enhance the effect but also the toxicity.
2. Glucocorticoid will stimulate secretion of gastric acid and reduce stomach and duodenum mucosa’s resistance to gastric acid. To use with Aspirin will aggravate the situation of gastrointestinal bleeding.
3. Usage with basic chemicals (i.e. sodium bicarbonate) will speed up the excretion of Aspirin and reduce the efficacy. However, in treatment of gout , taking same quantity’s sodium bicarbonate can prevent uric acid to accumulate in renal tubules.
Indications：Anti-pyretic analgesics, For febrile disorders, muscle pain, joint pain.
Administration and Dosage: Oral. Horse and Cattle 50~100tablets, Sheep and swine3.3~10tablets, dog 0.67~3.3tablets.
1. The product will inhibit synthesis of prothrombin. A usage for a long term may cause bleeding sometimes.
2. The product will stimulate digestive tract. A large dosage may lead to loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, and even gastrointestinal bleeding. To use for a long term may cause gastrointestinal ulcer.
3. Cats lack of Glucuronidase so their metabolism of this product is very slow. That causes drug accumulation easily, and even toxicity.
1. Do not administrate in lactating cows.
2. Cats lack of glucoside transferase, the metabolism of aspirin is very slow, easy to cause accumulation and toxic.
3. Animals with gastritis and peptic ulcer shall use with caution. Taking with calcium carbonate can reduce stimulation to the stomach. Avoid taking on an empty stomach. Vitamin K is recommended when a tendency of bleeding occurs.
1. Small dosage is recommended for animals of advanced age, weakness, or with high temperature, to avoid prostration.
2. When poisoning occurs, gastric lavage, Catharsis, giving sodium bicarbonate by oral, IV 5% glucose and 0.9% sodium chloride are recommended.
Drug withdrawal: None
Storage: Store in a tightly sealed container and keep in a dry place.