Erythromycin Tablets Vet Prescription Drug
Active Ingredient: Erythromycin
Description: white to off white tablet
Pharmacological Actions: Erythromycin is a kind of macrolide antibiotics with similar mechanism as penicillin but has a broader spectrum. Sensitive Gram-positive bacteria are Staphylococcus (including MRSA), Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus spp, Bacillus anthracis, Erysipelas, Listeria monocytogenes, Clostridium, and Clostridium chauvoei. The sensitive Gram-negative bacteria are Haemophilus influenza, Meningococcus, Brucella, and Pasteurella. Other than these, erythromycin is also effective against Campylobacter, Mycoplasma, chlamydia, Rickettsia, leptospiral. Erythromycin has a better antibacterial activity in alkaline environment. If the pH value increases from 5.5 to 8.5, the antibacterial activity increasing also. When the pH lower than 4.0 the effect is weak.
Bacterial resistance Erythromycin through chromosomal mutations, and could appear during the therapy. Bacterial plasmids transfer also the way to induce drug resistance, mainly by methyl-Base target. Cross-resistance between erythromycin and other macrolides and lincomycin are also common.
Oral administration of erythromycin is easy to degradation by stomach. The bioavailability was influence by dosage form, the acid of stomach, the food etc, only enteric form is available. After absorption, it it widely distributed in whole body, but raraly enter cerebrospinal fluid. Plasma protein binding rate are 73-81%. The drug penetrate the placental barrier and enter the fetal circulation. Serum concentration is 5%-20% the mother. Then the concentration in milk reaches 50% of the blood. Small portion metabolized into N-methyerythromycin in liver, which is excreted from bile, and only 2-5% of the drug is excreted by prototype.
1. Not suggested to administrate with other macrolides and lincosamides due to having the same effect.
2. Give with β-lactam antibiotics will cause antagonism.
3. In combination with penicillin, It has a synergistic against Rhodococcus equi.
4. Erythromycin can inhibit cytochrome oxidase system may cause some metabolism inhibition.
Indication: Macrolide antibiotics. In treatment for MRSA ,Gram-positive bacteria and Mycoplasma .
1. Esterified erythromycin has hepatotoxic, main as cholestasis, vomiting and diarrhea, especially at high dosage.
2. Gastrointestinal disorder, which may cause by the stimulate of smooth muscle.
1. Erythromycin is antagonist with acid material
2. It is unstable in stomach acid.
3. Erythromycin inhibits the cytochrome oxidase system. It is possible to interference enzymes synthetic.
Withdrawal Time: No need
Packing size: 100tabs/bot
Storage: protect it from light, store in a tightly sealed container