Neomycin sulfate Tablets
Neomycin sulfate Tablets Non-Prescription Vet. Medicine
Active Ingredient: Neomycin sulfate
Description: white tablet
Pharmacological Actions: Neomycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotics which is similar to kanamycin. It is very effective against most Gram-negative bacteria such as E. coli, Proteus, Salmonella, and Pasteurella multocida. It is also sensitive to Staphylococdcus but drug resistance for Pseudomonas, Gram positive bacteria (except Staphylococcus), Rickettsia, anaerobic bacteria, and fungus.
Pharmacokinetics: Neomycin whether use in feed or external use has very little amount absorbed. After administrated orally, only 3% of total dosage discharged from urine, and the rest is in feces. Inflammation of the intestinal mucosa or ulcer may increase the absorption. Administrate through injection ca be absorbed quickly and with the same process as kanamycin.
1. Usage with macrolide antibiotics can treat mastitis caused by Gram-negative bacteria.
2. Administrate orally will affect the absorption of digitalis drugs, vitamin A, and vitamin B12.
3. Addition of penicillin or cephalosporins together can have a better effect.
4. The drug is used best in basic environment, and with the help of basic chemicals (sodium bicarbonate and aminophylline), the effect will increase greatly but so will the toxicity. When the pH value is over 8.4, the antibacterial activity decreases.
5. Ca2+, Mg2+, Na+, and K+ can inhibit the antibacterial activity of the product.
6. Addition of cephalosporin, dextran, strong diuretics (Furosemide), erythromycin together can increase the neomycin’s ototoxicity.
7. Skeletal muscle relaxants (suxamethonium chloride) or this kind of medicine can increase neomycin sulfate’s neuromuscular blockade reaction.
Indications：Aminoglycoside antibiotics, mainly used to treat gastrointestinal infections cause by sensitive gram-negative bacteria in dogs and cats.
Administration and Dosage: Oral, 1-2tablets/10Kg body weight. Administrate twice a day for 3-5days.
Precaution:The drug will affect the absorption of digitalis drugs, vitamin A, and vitamin B12.
Withdrawal Time : No need
Packing size: 100tablets/bottle, 240bottle/carton
Storage: Store in a tightly sealed container and keep in a dry place.