Veterinary drug name
Chinese name： 氟苯尼考溶液
Chinese Pinyin：Fubennikao Rongye
Active Ingredient: Florfenicol
Pharmacodynamics: Florfenicol is a kind of amphenicol broad-spectrum antibiotics which acts as a bactericide through binding with 50s ribosomal subunit and inhibit protein synthesis. Florfenicol is effective against many Gram positive and negative bacteria. It is also highly sensitive to Pasteurella hemolytica, Pasteurella multocida, and Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae. Florfenicol’s mechanism is similar to thiamphenicol but stronger. Due to some acetylated modification, some bacteria with drug resistance such as E. coli and Klebsiella pneumoniae may still be sensitive to florfenicol.
Florfenicol is mainly used on porcine, broilers, and fish bacterial infections such as Pasteurella hemolytica, Pasteurella multocida, and Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae in bovine and porcine circulatory system. Salmonella spp. can cause typhoid fever, paratyphoid fever, chicken cholera, pullorum disease, and E. coli infection. Fish diseases by Pasteurella, Virbio, Staphylococcus, Aeromonas hydrophila, Enteritis bacteria can cause fish bacterial hemorrhagic septicemia, enteritis, and erythrodermatitis.
Pharmokinetics: Florfenicol can be taken by oral with fast absorption. Within an hour, the concentration can be of treatment and in one to three hours at its highest peak of concentration with 80% utilization. Florfenicol disperses widely inside animal body and through the circulatory system and mainly dispose by urine with little by feces.
1. The mechanism for florfenicol and macrolides and lincosamides is the same at targeting bacterial 50s ribosomal subunit. Usage together may cause antagonism.
2. May antagonize with penicillin and aminoglycoside antibiotics but still not proven inside animal body yet.
Indications: amphenicol antibiotics. Use in treating Pasteurella and E. coli infections.
Administration and Dosage: oral use, poultry: 1~1.5ml/l for 5 days.
Contraindications: . 1. High dosage may cause immune tolerance.
2. the drug can cause embryo toxicity. Do not use during pregnancy and suckling.
Precaution: 1. Do not use on layers.
2. Do not use during vaccination or immune disabled period.
3. Stocks with kidney disability should reduce the dosage or extend dosing period.
Withdrawal Time: porcine: 20 days; swine: 5 days; fish 375 ˚ C-day
Storage: protect from light and store in a tightly sealed container.